What You Should Know About Two-Year Olds?
Two-year-olds can be terrific, and sometimes troublesome!
They are full of energy and curiousity, so they need teachers who are alert, understanding, flexible and creative.
What are two-year olds like?
- Can walk, run, jump on 2 feet, tip-toe and climb.
- Can scribble, work a 3-4-piece puzzle, and string large beads, stack blocks, mold play dough and paint.
- Can feed self, clean-up and is learning to use bathroom.
- Generally play alone, but beginning parallel play.
- May be aggressive with other children.
- Favorite words are "no" and "me do it".
- Easily frustrated when cannot do something.
- Emotional swings-laughing or crying.
- Becoming independent and aware of "self".