What You Should Know About Four-Year Olds?
Four-year olds are fun, silly, imaginative, excitable, and often a little "wild". Teachers should be enthusiastic and sensitive to meet the changing needs of fours.
What are four-year olds like?
- Can run, jump, gallop, hop on 1 foot, swing, bounce and catch a ball.
- Can print name, cut on a line and draw simple objects.
- Dresses self-button, snaps, zips, laces, buckles.
- Shares toys and plays cooperatively.
- Shows concern for feelings of others.
- "Out of bounds" behavior at times.
- Shows emotional extremes.
- "Loves" one minute and "hates" the next.
- Is bold, adventurous, and sure of self.