Characteristics of Three-Year Olds
Three-year-olds are cooperative, cheerful and eager to please. They enjoy new experiences, their friends and are becoming increasingly independent.
What are three-year olds like?
- Can walk backwards, run(swing arms), balance on one foot, Climb stairs alternating feet, ride a tricycle, and throw.
- Has great control of hands.
- Colors, cuts straight line, draw lines and circles.
- Can pour juice, use a spoon and fork, dress and undress self.
- Brushes teeth, washes hands, and has bladder and bowel control (most of the time!).
- Beginning to share toys and take turns.
- Wants to help and please.
- May go through a difficult stage around 3 1/2.
- Can speak most words clearly and make simple sentences.
- Uses words to express feelings.
- Can follow simple directions.
- Beginning to recognize some shapes, letters, and numerals.
- Attention span is increasing.